Do you want to develop or expand your business activities? Therefore, you have decided to create a website? Or maybe you want to improve the one you already have by outsourcing it to a competent provider offering an all-in-one online solution? Possibly an agency, a webmaster or maybe a freelancer? No matter which option you choose, it is important to make sure that you are in charge of ALL aspects of the website, and that you have CONSTANT access to it all the way from the day one. This is A MUST in order to manage your digital strategy independently.
Here from Woptimo team, French hub of Nubo network, is a quick checklist to see if you have all the right means to manage your website, and especially, your online visibility.
1) The domain name registration must be done by the site editor. It’s up to you, of course, to register your trademark. Same applies for the domain name.
2) Access to the server: it allows you to expand your site and entrust the task to the employee/service provider of your choice, especially if it is different from the webmaster that worked on the project in the first place.
3) If you have access to the server, you will also have access to the BO and you will be able to grant access to employees with different levels, so that each one will participates based on his/her tasks.
4) If you want to drive your web strategy, you must have a vision on the KPIs set by your business model. For this, a digital analytics solution, like Google Analytics, Xiti … , is inseparable from the website and you must be the account administrator, not just having read only access “set up” by your agency … Google Tag Manager is a tags management system of your website that allows, amongst others, the installation of Google Analytics and other web marketing solutions. A very powerful tool you should have in your hands.
5) Google allows you to get information, indexing, scanning and positioning your site via Search Console (i.e. Webmaster Tools). The tool also allows sensitive manipulations: disavowal links, URL parameters, etc. You must be “the owner” of the account and you should not allow access right, left and centre.
6) YouTube is becoming a very large search engine: your YouTube channel is the equivalent of your website for Google Search look these up. It’s up to you to manage it.
7) Social networks are very important to increase the visibility of your brand / company on the web: even if you entrust community management or Facebook Ads to a service provider, you should always be the owner and the administrator!
Have you just realized that you don’t have access to all the different aspects of your digital strategy? It is time to reclaim them! Take control of your web marketing action plan with all these tools.